makes 16 - 1 syn per cupcake
- 6 eggs
- 56g self raising flour (or 28g cocoa powder & 28g s.r flour if you want chocolate cakes) -9
- 9 tablespoons granulated sweetener
- 2 teaspoons orange or vanilla essence (up to you)
- 1 tbsp icing sugar -3
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder-1
- Choc drops 48 (3 per cake) (mine weights roughly 12g) - 3
- 25g cold water to mix icing sugar & cocoa
Whisk up egg whites until stiff
In a separate bowl whisk egg yolks with either the orange or vanilla essence & sweetener, add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.
Add the flour gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when done add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.
Divide equally into 16 cupcake cases & bake in the oven on 180 for about 10 to 12 mins, or until golden & firm to the touch.
Wait until cool & then mix the cocoa & icing sugar in a bowl with some water so make a thickish paste. Spread a spoonful of choc icing onto each cupcake (divide into 16) and put 3 choc drops on each cake.